South Africa moves to Adjusted Alert Level 2 from Monday 13th September 2021.
Here are the important points to note about Adjusted Alert Level 2:
– The curfew will now start at 23:00 and end at 04:00. (Night work is permitted)
– Non-essential establishments like restaurants, bars and fitness centres will need to close by 22:00.
– All gatherings will be limited to a maximum of 250 people indoors and 500 people outdoors. Where the venue is too small to accommodate these numbers with appropriate social distancing, then no more than 50% of the venue’s capacity may be used. This includes religious services, political events and social gatherings, restaurants, bars, taverns and similar places.
– The sale of alcohol from retail outlets for off-site consumption will be permitted between 10:00 and 18:00 from Monday to Friday.
– Alcohol sales for on-site consumption will be permitted as per licence conditions up to 22:00. Alcohol consumption remains prohibited in public spaces.
– The wearing of masks is mandatory in all public spaces.