Coalition for Effective Copyright rallies to protect the rights of creators, producers, publishers and those working in the creative sector from the far-reaching negative impact of the bill.
Organisations representing a range of creative arts, production and publishing interests have joined forces to call for a thorough review of the Copyright Amendment Bill in its current form.
The Coalition for Effective Copyright comprises:
- The Music Publishers Association of South Africa (MPASA)
- Independent Black Filmmakers Collective (IBFC)
- The Publishers Association of South Africa (PASA)
- Academic and Non-Fiction Authors of South Africa (ANFASA)
- Printing SA (PIFSA)
- Recording Industry of South Africa (RiSA)
- RiSA Audio Visual (RAV);
- Dramatic, Artistic, Literary Rights Organisation (DALRO)
- Visual Arts Network of South Africa (VANSA)
The Coalition is calling on the NCOP to undertake further stakeholder engagement before passing this bill in what they believe will be a rubberstamping exercise on 20 March 2019.
Published in BizCommunity on 15 March 2019